Bullying is a problem that affects children and adolescents everywhere. Every school and community across the country has or will experience some form of bullying, Bullying in any form or for any reason can have an impact on victims and bystanders for decades, and in some cases a lifetime.
Our program is UNIQUE and specifically designed to help those who have had their young lives significantly affected by bullying.
In fact it has been successfully running for the last 4 years with the Illawarra Police in NSW.
What can we do, as educators, community members and parents to nurture qualities of empathy and kindness in our children?
Our SHIELD program addresses that very question with the following 8 step program.
Eight steps towards SHIELD Confidence For Life
1. Open discussions of trust, sharing relevant stories and experiences.
2. Questionnaires are taken, reviewed and discussed.
3. Psychology behind bullying is discussed explained in detail.
4. A focus on character development, and greater self confidence.
5. Developing mental strength and confidence in verbal assertiveness.
6. Focus on diet, health and fitness.
7. Instruction in non-violent self defence and control techniques.
8. Role play testing and self defence under pressure.
Our main program is spread over 8 weeks for 2 hours per week and have a minimum requirement of 12 registered students for the program to run.
Other programs include — half day seminars and workshops covering similar material, however it is more concentrated into half day period.
IELA is an approved fitness, sports and education centre conveniently situated in the heart of Castle Hill.
IELA is an innovative educational and lifestyle facility that offers extracurricular activities in Health, Fitness, Self Defence Martial Arts and our unique Anti-Bullying/Resilience Education program, which has been extremely successful in schools throughout NSW.
Our after school care programs and classes create an engaging and exciting environment for young minds to thrive.
Children will participate in two or possibly three sessions per day – one sport and one extracurricular class or STEM, Depending on length of ASC and program needed.
At IELA we understand the demands and expectations of modern day family life. Our After School Program was developed to provide the kind of after school environment that we would like for our own children and family.
We are not an ordinary after school care facility, our services provide opportunities for children to be exposed to and involved in extracurricular activities that can improve and enhance their existing academic abilities as well as introduce them to a range of other educational activities, such as our self defence, anti bullying resilience program. In conjunction with this IELA offers a comprehensive STEAM program for children aged 3 to 12 years.
Click this website link for even more information and registration www.ielaaus.com
Our school holiday programs run everyday during every school term holidays and consist of Sporting Activities, Education and Relaxational Activities. They run 5 days a week from 8am to 6pm.
Our package includes:
- Board breaking
- Fun games
- Padded sword competitions
- Learn martial arts history
- Learn various techniques such as kicks, blocks and judo throws
- Pizzas (can be supplied at extra cost)
- Birthday cake (Supplied by Parents and Cut with Sword)
- Lolly bags
- Free t-shirt and black belt for the birthday child